Pensar delivered an upgrade of the Macleay Island foreshore precinct to provide a dedicated ferry terminal, public boat ramp, parking, access roads, and public amenities.
- A rock armour seawall was constructed to provide protection from tidal and storm surges.
- Extensive asbestos contamination across the 8000 m2 site was carefully contained and removed.
- Acid sulphate soil was removed or safely managed onsite.
- 40,000+ tonnes of quarry materials were safely transported to the island by barge at a custom built landing facility.
- The existing ferry terminal remained operational throughout the project.
- A three-lane public boat ramp was constructed.
- Parking facilities and access roads were substantially expanded an upgraded.
- Despite the heavy construction, hazardous materials, and fragile setting, no safety or environmental issues were experienced.
- To mark the completion of the project, Pensar commissioned and installed a public artwork by a Macleay Island sculptor at the site.