Pensar was engaged to design and construct two fishways and refurbish an existing tidal barrage weir on the Barwon River – maintaining water levels in the river and wetlands, protecting biodiversity and improving water management.
- An existing tidal barrage weir was decommissioned and redeveloped.
- A cone fishway was developed at the Barwon River tidal barrage site.
- A vertical slot fishway was developed at Reedy Lake.
- Innovative use of technology and materials – such as fibre reinforced polymer sheet piling – delivered substantial project improvements and savings.
- All works were completed in accordance with stringent environmental management specifications, maintaining existing water levels and tidal flows.
- Pensar worked closely with the Corangamite Catchment Management Authority, specialist consultants, and the local community to deliver successful outcomes for a project of considerable public interest and ecological significance.